Car Rider Procedures
Coloma Intermediate Parents,
As a new school year is upon us, I am asking that you review the following guidelines for picking up students after school. The safety of our students is our utmost concern. Following these steps will assure that everyone arrives safely to their car and can be on their way home in a timely and efficient manner.
Parent Pick Up Guidelines:
- Cars will enter the large parking lot off of Red Arrow Highway.
- Cars will enter at the farthest entrance from the building and use the exit closest to the building for departure.
- Please do not park or wait to pick up your child/children on S West Street.
- Coloma Elementary School students, who have siblings at the Intermediate School, will be walked down to the Intermediate building to join their sibling(s) by the front office door.
- Students will be brought across the street by a staff member. From there, students will be dismissed to individual cars. For safety reasons, please do not attempt to get your child/children until they have been dismissed by the staff member on duty.
- If your student needs to be picked up from school early, please pick them up before 3:00 and sign them out of the office. You will be asked to join the car rider line if you arrive at the building after 3:00.
- The right line in the parking lot is for parents picking up Coloma Intermediate students only.
- The left line in the parking lot is for parents picking up both Coloma Intermediate and Coloma Elementary students.
I am confident that following these guidelines will ensure a safe pick up for everyone. If you have any questions or concerns regarding after school pick up at Coloma Intermediate, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Intermediate School Principal